MAIN DIRECTIONS OF WORK OF EXECUTIVE POWER OF BAKU CITY IN THE SPHERE OF FOREIGN RELATIONS
The activity of Baku City Executive Power in the sphere of foreign relations is based on our foreign policy concept laid down by our national leader Heydar Aliyev in 1993 and the work in this sphere is carried out in the following directions
* Relations with twin-cities and partner cities;
Baku has been a member of the World Federation of Twin Cities since 1978:
Baku's twin cities:
Dakar (Senegal), Naples (Italy), Sarajevo (Bosnia and Herzegovina), Houston (USA), Bordeaux (France), Basra (Iraq), Vungtau-Condao (Vietnam), Izmir (Turkey), Tabriz (Iran), Astana (Kazakhstan), Tbilisi (Georgia), Kiev (Ukraine), Dushanbe (Tajikistan), Bishkek (Kyrgyz Republic).
Cities with which we have partnerships:
Mainz (Germany), Aberdeen (UK),Berlin (Germany), Stovanger (Norway), Vienna (Austria), Paris (France), Tehran (Iran), Istanbul (Turkey), Haifa (Israel), New Delhi (India), Riyadh (Saudi Arabia), Warsaw (Poland), Ilfov (Romania), Chengdu (China), Tashkent (Uzbekistan), Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), Derbent (Russia), Magas (Russia).
Cities with which we have ties at different levels:
Moscow, St. Petersburg, Minsk, Saratov, Volgograd, Ulyanovsk, Dnepropetrovsk, Kazan.
Baku has Dakar Square, the streets of Naples and Sarajevo.
Dakar has "Baku" square, Naples - Baku street, and Vungtau-Londau - Baku hotel.
- Attraction and introduction to Baku of advanced experience in various spheres of management and urban infrastructure of foreign cities;
* Dislocation of foreign embassies, relations with the diplomatic corps and organization of public services to them;
* Coordination of membership and participation of Baku in international organizations;
Baku is a member of the following international organizations:
- World Federation of Twin Cities
- Organization of World Heritage Cities (UNESCO)
- World Organization of Energy Cities
- International Institute Avrograd
- Union of the Capitals of the Black Sea Economic Cooperation Countries
* Attraction of foreign investments to the city projects
* Organization of reciprocal promotion with cities of foreign countries
* Organization of exchange of delegations, exhibitions, creative groups, mass media, educational institutions, mutual conducting of "Days of Culture" and festivals, etc.
* Cooperation with cities of the world on the basis of bilateral agreements and programs;
* Participation in the organizational and protocol support of the visit program of foreign guests in Baku;
* Organization of familiarization of foreign delegations with Baku.